Jharkhand conman arrested in Lucknow
Lucknow: A conman who had cheated over 100 people of lakhs of rupees in Jharkhand was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) of Uttar Pradesh here, police said.
Manoj Kumar Yadav, who hails from Gaya in Bihar, was arrested late Friday on a tip-off.
He had allegedly cheated several people in Ranchi under the garb of making them rich by opening bio-gas waste plants.
Jharkhand Police had sought the help of STF to trap Yadav.
During interrogation, Yadav confessed he had opened a fraudulent gas agency and cheated over 100 people with false promises.
After collecting the money, he escaped to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!