Jharkhand conman arrested in Lucknow
Lucknow: A conman who had cheated over 100 people of lakhs of rupees in Jharkhand was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) of Uttar Pradesh here, police said.
Manoj Kumar Yadav, who hails from Gaya in Bihar, was arrested late Friday on a tip-off.
He had allegedly cheated several people in Ranchi under the garb of making them rich by opening bio-gas waste plants.
Jharkhand Police had sought the help of STF to trap Yadav.
During interrogation, Yadav confessed he had opened a fraudulent gas agency and cheated over 100 people with false promises.
After collecting the money, he escaped to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title