Jharkhand conman arrested in Lucknow
Lucknow: A conman who had cheated over 100 people of lakhs of rupees in Jharkhand was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) of Uttar Pradesh here, police said.
Manoj Kumar Yadav, who hails from Gaya in Bihar, was arrested late Friday on a tip-off.
He had allegedly cheated several people in Ranchi under the garb of making them rich by opening bio-gas waste plants.
Jharkhand Police had sought the help of STF to trap Yadav.
During interrogation, Yadav confessed he had opened a fraudulent gas agency and cheated over 100 people with false promises.
After collecting the money, he escaped to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?