Jharkhand conman arrested in Lucknow
Lucknow: A conman who had cheated over 100 people of lakhs of rupees in Jharkhand was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) of Uttar Pradesh here, police said.
Manoj Kumar Yadav, who hails from Gaya in Bihar, was arrested late Friday on a tip-off.
He had allegedly cheated several people in Ranchi under the garb of making them rich by opening bio-gas waste plants.
Jharkhand Police had sought the help of STF to trap Yadav.
During interrogation, Yadav confessed he had opened a fraudulent gas agency and cheated over 100 people with false promises.
After collecting the money, he escaped to Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet