Jharkhand cop commits suicide
Ranchi: A Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) personnel committed suicide Friday by shooting himself in the state`s Chatra district, police said.
Rai Bahadur Parihar, who was posted at a police picket of Pratappur police station of Chatra, some 170 km from here, shot himself. He died on the spot, an official said.
His body has been sent for an autopsy. The cause of the suicide is not known though police sources said Rai Bahadur was under stress for the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video