Jharkhand: Cop killed, 2 injured in blast by Maoists
Jamshedpur: A police constable was killed
while two others including a CRPF personnel were injured in a
landmine blast triggered by CPI (Maoists) at Dainmari in
Naxal-hit Ghatsila sub-division of East Singhbhum district
Superintendent of Police (Rural), Ranji Prasad said
the security personnel were on a long-range patrolling
following a tip-off about Maoist activities at Dainmari and
the vicinity when the encounter began.
In the ensuing landmine blast, triggered by the
ultras, one constable identified as Rajesh Kumar Saw, the
bodyguard of Sub-divisional Police Officer (Ghatsila) Aneesh
Gupta, was killed while a district police jawan Ganesh and a
CRPF havildar Vinod suffered minor injuries.
The district police launched a combing operation as
part of securty build-up in the run up to the assembly polls
in neighbouring West Bengal and the recent assault of some
villagers by a group of Maoists.
Aditional forces rushed to the spot and a massive
search operation was on in naxal-hit Dainmari and vicinity
bordering Belpahari in Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'