Jharkhand: Cop killed, 2 injured in blast by Maoists
Jamshedpur: A police constable was killed
while two others including a CRPF personnel were injured in a
landmine blast triggered by CPI (Maoists) at Dainmari in
Naxal-hit Ghatsila sub-division of East Singhbhum district
Superintendent of Police (Rural), Ranji Prasad said
the security personnel were on a long-range patrolling
following a tip-off about Maoist activities at Dainmari and
the vicinity when the encounter began.
In the ensuing landmine blast, triggered by the
ultras, one constable identified as Rajesh Kumar Saw, the
bodyguard of Sub-divisional Police Officer (Ghatsila) Aneesh
Gupta, was killed while a district police jawan Ganesh and a
CRPF havildar Vinod suffered minor injuries.
The district police launched a combing operation as
part of securty build-up in the run up to the assembly polls
in neighbouring West Bengal and the recent assault of some
villagers by a group of Maoists.
Aditional forces rushed to the spot and a massive
search operation was on in naxal-hit Dainmari and vicinity
bordering Belpahari in Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?