Jharkhand cop taking away dead relative`s body gang-raped
Ranchi: In a ghastly crime, a woman constable in the process of performing the last rites for a dead relative was gang-raped in Jharkhand`s Latehar district, police said.
According to police, the widow, who had been given a job as a constable on compassionate grounds after her husband was killed by Maoists, was accompanied by relatives as she was taking the body to Garwah, about 150 km from Ranchi, on Thursday night.
The criminals stopped the vehicle near Jaldaga bridge of Latehar district, around 130 km from Ranchi, and looted the relatives who were accompanying the body.
Three of the men then allegedly gang-raped the woman constable, in the very vehicle in which the body was kept.
The constable lodged a complaint with police on Friday. She also underwent a medical check-up.
Police have launched a hunt to nab the people involved in the crime.
Jharkhand has witnessed a spurt in incidents of sexual crime in recent months. In Pakur district, six minor girls were gang-raped at two places last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened