Jharkhand court convicts four in gang-rape case
Jamshedpur: A local court on Wednesday convicted four persons in a gang-rape case of a 22-year-old woman two years ago.
Additional District Judge I, Satya Prakash Sinha found the four accused ? Rahul Kisku, Jhota alias Gurucharan Singh, Suresh Tudu and Binod Hansda-- guilty and convicted them under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
The court will pronounce the quantum of punishment on Friday.
Two other accused, however, turned out to be juvenile and the concerned board was hearing their case, police said.
According to the FIR lodged under the Patamda Police station, the accused persons had protested and smashed the glasspanes of the victims` car on finding the woman, a management intern, and her paramour in a comprising position inside the vehicle behind on July 15, 2011.
One of the accused caught hold of the girl and raped her while others beat up the boyfriend when he tried to resisted their move.
Following the incident, the woman had escaped from the spot and ran towards a nearby village but the accused chased and caught hold of her a little distance away and raped her in turn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says