Jharkhand court convicts four in gang-rape case
Jamshedpur: A local court on Wednesday convicted four persons in a gang-rape case of a 22-year-old woman two years ago.
Additional District Judge I, Satya Prakash Sinha found the four accused ? Rahul Kisku, Jhota alias Gurucharan Singh, Suresh Tudu and Binod Hansda-- guilty and convicted them under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
The court will pronounce the quantum of punishment on Friday.
Two other accused, however, turned out to be juvenile and the concerned board was hearing their case, police said.
According to the FIR lodged under the Patamda Police station, the accused persons had protested and smashed the glasspanes of the victims` car on finding the woman, a management intern, and her paramour in a comprising position inside the vehicle behind on July 15, 2011.
One of the accused caught hold of the girl and raped her while others beat up the boyfriend when he tried to resisted their move.
Following the incident, the woman had escaped from the spot and ran towards a nearby village but the accused chased and caught hold of her a little distance away and raped her in turn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news