Jharkhand: CPI(Maoist) activists arrested, detonators seized
Chowka: Two hardcore CPI (Maoists) activists were arrested and some detonators were seized from Kodakocha village in Seraikela-Kharswan district, police sources said on Monday.
In course of a long-range patrolling, the district armed police and CRPF arrested Samuel Odeya and Mumtaz Ansari from the Ranka Jungle last night, police today said.
The security personnel seized 40 pieces detonators, 70 black uniforms, a 12 volt battery, five mobile phones and chargers and a DVD, used to play the speeches of Maoists leaders, the sources said.
In an another incident, the security personnel seized posters pasted by the ultra group appealing to the people to unite against the "pro-corporate government" and anti-naxal operation Greenhunt.
The posters were pasted at Nakti, Kankua, Pongra, Kansra villages under Karaikela police station and Anandpur in West Singhbhum district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam