Jharkhand: CPI(Maoist) activists arrested, detonators seized
Chowka: Two hardcore CPI (Maoists) activists were arrested and some detonators were seized from Kodakocha village in Seraikela-Kharswan district, police sources said on Monday.
In course of a long-range patrolling, the district armed police and CRPF arrested Samuel Odeya and Mumtaz Ansari from the Ranka Jungle last night, police today said.
The security personnel seized 40 pieces detonators, 70 black uniforms, a 12 volt battery, five mobile phones and chargers and a DVD, used to play the speeches of Maoists leaders, the sources said.
In an another incident, the security personnel seized posters pasted by the ultra group appealing to the people to unite against the "pro-corporate government" and anti-naxal operation Greenhunt.
The posters were pasted at Nakti, Kankua, Pongra, Kansra villages under Karaikela police station and Anandpur in West Singhbhum district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal