Jharkhand: CPI(Maoist) activists arrested, detonators seized
Chowka: Two hardcore CPI (Maoists) activists were arrested and some detonators were seized from Kodakocha village in Seraikela-Kharswan district, police sources said on Monday.
In course of a long-range patrolling, the district armed police and CRPF arrested Samuel Odeya and Mumtaz Ansari from the Ranka Jungle last night, police today said.
The security personnel seized 40 pieces detonators, 70 black uniforms, a 12 volt battery, five mobile phones and chargers and a DVD, used to play the speeches of Maoists leaders, the sources said.
In an another incident, the security personnel seized posters pasted by the ultra group appealing to the people to unite against the "pro-corporate government" and anti-naxal operation Greenhunt.
The posters were pasted at Nakti, Kankua, Pongra, Kansra villages under Karaikela police station and Anandpur in West Singhbhum district, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test