Jharkhand: CPI(Maoist) Zonal Commander arrested
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A CPI (Maoists) Zonal Commander, wanted in several cases including the attack on former Jharkhand Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari, was arrested following a raid in Jogiasudhi village in Naxal-affected Palamu district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on an intelligence input, the CRPF, Jaguar and district police personnel conducted raids in the village last night and arrested Bharat Bhuiyan while he was visiting his village to meet his family members, said Superintendent of police Anup T Mathew.
Bhuiyan, the Zonal Commander of Koel Sangh zone, was wanted in over 25 cases, including the attack on former Jharkhand Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari near Garu village in adjoining Latehar district, in which 11 policemen were killed on December 3, 2011, Mathew said.
Bhuiyan had video-graphed the incident, which was disclosed following a recovery of a CD in this regard from his possession.
Bhuiyan, who was active in the outfit for the last 10 years, was also named accused in connection with firing on a chopper engaged in an anti-naxal operation in Chemusania in Garwah district on April 9, 2012, Mathew said, adding that eight security personnel sustained injuries in the incident.
He was also accused in a landmine blast in January, 2009, in which six policemen including the Officer-in-charge of Maneka police station were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids