Jharkhand: CPI(Maoist) Zonal Commander arrested
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A CPI (Maoists) Zonal Commander, wanted in several cases including the attack on former Jharkhand Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari, was arrested following a raid in Jogiasudhi village in Naxal-affected Palamu district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on an intelligence input, the CRPF, Jaguar and district police personnel conducted raids in the village last night and arrested Bharat Bhuiyan while he was visiting his village to meet his family members, said Superintendent of police Anup T Mathew.
Bhuiyan, the Zonal Commander of Koel Sangh zone, was wanted in over 25 cases, including the attack on former Jharkhand Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari near Garu village in adjoining Latehar district, in which 11 policemen were killed on December 3, 2011, Mathew said.
Bhuiyan had video-graphed the incident, which was disclosed following a recovery of a CD in this regard from his possession.
Bhuiyan, who was active in the outfit for the last 10 years, was also named accused in connection with firing on a chopper engaged in an anti-naxal operation in Chemusania in Garwah district on April 9, 2012, Mathew said, adding that eight security personnel sustained injuries in the incident.
He was also accused in a landmine blast in January, 2009, in which six policemen including the Officer-in-charge of Maneka police station were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic