Jharkhand demand revised affidavit by Planning Com
Ranchi: Leaders in Jharkhand on Thursday asked
Centre to advise Planning Commission to submit a `revised`
affidavit before the Supreme Court and withdraw its submission
that people spending more than Rs 32 a day in urban and 26 a
day in village areas would be ineligible to get the benefits
given to BPL families.
"We disagree with Planning Commission`s submission. We
urge Centre to ask Planning Commission to revise the same,"
PCC General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here
Reacting to the affidavit, BJP`s state unit spokesman
Pradip Sinha said, "It`s not only injustice to the poor but
also a cruel joke on their poverty in the face of stiff price
rise. Planning Commission should file a fresh affidavit which
should look practical."
JMM MLA and party general secretary S S Bhokta,
CPI-ML(Liberation) MLA Vinod Singh, RJD`s Legislature Party
leader Annapurna Devi and Marxist Coordination Committee MLA
Arup Chaterjee termed it "impractical and a mockery of
"I think if members of Planning Commission volunteer
to subsist on Rs 32 or Rs 26 only for a day, they would know
how impractical their submission is," Chatterjee said.
Planning Commission`s affidavit reportedly claimed Rs
32 was sufficient for pulses, cereals, edible oil, milk,
spices, vegetables, fruits, cooking fuel, conveyance,
education, footwear, clothes in urban areas and Rs 26 in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth