Jharkhand demand revised affidavit by Planning Com
Ranchi: Leaders in Jharkhand on Thursday asked
Centre to advise Planning Commission to submit a `revised`
affidavit before the Supreme Court and withdraw its submission
that people spending more than Rs 32 a day in urban and 26 a
day in village areas would be ineligible to get the benefits
given to BPL families.
"We disagree with Planning Commission`s submission. We
urge Centre to ask Planning Commission to revise the same,"
PCC General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here
Reacting to the affidavit, BJP`s state unit spokesman
Pradip Sinha said, "It`s not only injustice to the poor but
also a cruel joke on their poverty in the face of stiff price
rise. Planning Commission should file a fresh affidavit which
should look practical."
JMM MLA and party general secretary S S Bhokta,
CPI-ML(Liberation) MLA Vinod Singh, RJD`s Legislature Party
leader Annapurna Devi and Marxist Coordination Committee MLA
Arup Chaterjee termed it "impractical and a mockery of
"I think if members of Planning Commission volunteer
to subsist on Rs 32 or Rs 26 only for a day, they would know
how impractical their submission is," Chatterjee said.
Planning Commission`s affidavit reportedly claimed Rs
32 was sufficient for pulses, cereals, edible oil, milk,
spices, vegetables, fruits, cooking fuel, conveyance,
education, footwear, clothes in urban areas and Rs 26 in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!