Jharkhand deputy CM urges EC to start counting
Ranchi: Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Friday appealed the Election Commission to allow counting of votes for the Rajya Sabha election.
"I will like to request the EC that the counting
should be started without any delay," Soren told reporters
Stating that all the coalition partners had voted for
JMM candidate Sanjeev Kumar, Soren, also a JMM leader, said
this set at rest all reports on horse trading.
The EC has stopped counting of votes for Rajya Sabha
elections in Jharkhand till its probe into seizure of Rs 2.15
crore is completed.
Hours before the start of Rajya Sabha polling in
Jharkhand today, Rs 2.15 crore in cash was seized from a car
owned by the brother of an independent candidate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview