Jharkhand deserves special status: Munda
Ranchi: Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said the Centre should consider according special status to Jharkhand for its all round development as the people of the state have been enduring pollution emanated from mining.
"I will place firmly the demand in tomorrow`s meeting of the National Development Council. Jharkhand has enormous mineral wealth but does not have the right for mining. Therefore, the state deserves a special economic package for its development," Munda said over phone.
Munda, who has been to Gujarat to attend Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony, justified his demand saying the state`s people were enduring pollution triggered by iron ore, coal and other mining.
"My priority is to demand for the special status as has been given to North-Eastern states for all round development," Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes