Jharkhand deserves special status: Munda
Ranchi: Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said the Centre should consider according special status to Jharkhand for its all round development as the people of the state have been enduring pollution emanated from mining.
"I will place firmly the demand in tomorrow`s meeting of the National Development Council. Jharkhand has enormous mineral wealth but does not have the right for mining. Therefore, the state deserves a special economic package for its development," Munda said over phone.
Munda, who has been to Gujarat to attend Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony, justified his demand saying the state`s people were enduring pollution triggered by iron ore, coal and other mining.
"My priority is to demand for the special status as has been given to North-Eastern states for all round development," Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda