Jharkhand deserves special status: Munda
Ranchi: Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said the Centre should consider according special status to Jharkhand for its all round development as the people of the state have been enduring pollution emanated from mining.
"I will place firmly the demand in tomorrow`s meeting of the National Development Council. Jharkhand has enormous mineral wealth but does not have the right for mining. Therefore, the state deserves a special economic package for its development," Munda said over phone.
Munda, who has been to Gujarat to attend Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony, justified his demand saying the state`s people were enduring pollution triggered by iron ore, coal and other mining.
"My priority is to demand for the special status as has been given to North-Eastern states for all round development," Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka