Jharkhand deserves special status: Munda
Ranchi: Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said the Centre should consider according special status to Jharkhand for its all round development as the people of the state have been enduring pollution emanated from mining.
"I will place firmly the demand in tomorrow`s meeting of the National Development Council. Jharkhand has enormous mineral wealth but does not have the right for mining. Therefore, the state deserves a special economic package for its development," Munda said over phone.
Munda, who has been to Gujarat to attend Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony, justified his demand saying the state`s people were enduring pollution triggered by iron ore, coal and other mining.
"My priority is to demand for the special status as has been given to North-Eastern states for all round development," Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter