Jharkhand deserves special status: Munda
Ranchi: Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said the Centre should consider according special status to Jharkhand for its all round development as the people of the state have been enduring pollution emanated from mining.
"I will place firmly the demand in tomorrow`s meeting of the National Development Council. Jharkhand has enormous mineral wealth but does not have the right for mining. Therefore, the state deserves a special economic package for its development," Munda said over phone.
Munda, who has been to Gujarat to attend Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s swearing in ceremony, justified his demand saying the state`s people were enduring pollution triggered by iron ore, coal and other mining.
"My priority is to demand for the special status as has been given to North-Eastern states for all round development," Munda added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan