Jharkhand: Detonators, ammonium nitrate recovered
Chandil: A man was arrested after detonators and ammonium nitrate were allegedly found in his car on National Highway 33 in Jharkhand`s Seraikela- Kharswan district on Monday.
The police became suspicious when the car made a U-turn and tried to speed away at a vehicle checking point, police said.
The car was chased and was found to be carrying 200 pieces of detonators and 50 kg of ammonium, they said.
The driver of the car, Manoj Kumar Sinha, a resident of Patamda in East Singhbhum district, claimed that he had a crusher machine and the explosives were to be used for an industrial purpose.
Since he could not prove this and the car was going from Jamshedpur to Ranchi, which was in the opposite direction of his quarry site in Patamda, he was arrested.
Another person in the car escaped, they added.
The car was impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days