Jharkhand: Detonators, ammonium nitrate recovered
Chandil: A man was arrested after detonators and ammonium nitrate were allegedly found in his car on National Highway 33 in Jharkhand`s Seraikela- Kharswan district on Monday.
The police became suspicious when the car made a U-turn and tried to speed away at a vehicle checking point, police said.
The car was chased and was found to be carrying 200 pieces of detonators and 50 kg of ammonium, they said.
The driver of the car, Manoj Kumar Sinha, a resident of Patamda in East Singhbhum district, claimed that he had a crusher machine and the explosives were to be used for an industrial purpose.
Since he could not prove this and the car was going from Jamshedpur to Ranchi, which was in the opposite direction of his quarry site in Patamda, he was arrested.
Another person in the car escaped, they added.
The car was impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam