Jharkhand: Detonators, ammonium nitrate recovered
Chandil: A man was arrested after detonators and ammonium nitrate were allegedly found in his car on National Highway 33 in Jharkhand`s Seraikela- Kharswan district on Monday.
The police became suspicious when the car made a U-turn and tried to speed away at a vehicle checking point, police said.
The car was chased and was found to be carrying 200 pieces of detonators and 50 kg of ammonium, they said.
The driver of the car, Manoj Kumar Sinha, a resident of Patamda in East Singhbhum district, claimed that he had a crusher machine and the explosives were to be used for an industrial purpose.
Since he could not prove this and the car was going from Jamshedpur to Ranchi, which was in the opposite direction of his quarry site in Patamda, he was arrested.
Another person in the car escaped, they added.
The car was impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'