Jharkhand: Detonators, ammonium nitrate recovered
Chandil: A man was arrested after detonators and ammonium nitrate were allegedly found in his car on National Highway 33 in Jharkhand`s Seraikela- Kharswan district on Monday.
The police became suspicious when the car made a U-turn and tried to speed away at a vehicle checking point, police said.
The car was chased and was found to be carrying 200 pieces of detonators and 50 kg of ammonium, they said.
The driver of the car, Manoj Kumar Sinha, a resident of Patamda in East Singhbhum district, claimed that he had a crusher machine and the explosives were to be used for an industrial purpose.
Since he could not prove this and the car was going from Jamshedpur to Ranchi, which was in the opposite direction of his quarry site in Patamda, he was arrested.
Another person in the car escaped, they added.
The car was impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown