Jharkhand DGP leads operation against Maoists
Ranchi: Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar is leading an operation against the Maoists in the deep forests of Kumandih in Latehar district.
"I am with a police party from the southern side of the forest while other parties have covered the northern side," Kumar said.
Kumar said about 200 Maoists, including some senior leaders, were hiding in the forest.
Lauding the jawans for scourging the difficult hilly terrains and dense forest during operations, he said Jharkhand Armed Police, Jharkhand Jaguar and Latehar district police were involved in the operation.
The DGP had on July 3 vowed to take the battle into the CPI (Maoist) camp following its attack on Pakur SP Amarjit Balihar’s convoy the previous day, killing the SP and five others in Dumka district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!