Jharkhand: Dreaded ultra Laka Pahan arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Five ultras, including the one of the most wanted Naxalites, Laka Pahan, of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
"Laka Pahan, the `area commander` of the PLFI was among the five arrested from Anidih village yesterday. Laka Pahan is wanted in over 20 naxal-related cases in Khunti and Ranchi districts," Inspector General of Police M S Bhatia told a news conference here.
"We will recommend to the police headquarters to suitably reward the police personnel involved in catching Laka Pahan, who has been a terror in Khunti and bordering areas," he added.
Laka Pahan had earlier escaped the police net a fortnight ago. Three guns, bullets, six mobile phones, ten sim cards and Rs 7000 were seized from their possession," the IG said.
"Another wanted Maoist Kundan Pahan is our target now," Bhatia added.
Kundan Pahan is accused of beheading special branch inspector Francis Indwar in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured