Jharkhand: Dreaded ultra Laka Pahan arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Five ultras, including the one of the most wanted Naxalites, Laka Pahan, of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
"Laka Pahan, the `area commander` of the PLFI was among the five arrested from Anidih village yesterday. Laka Pahan is wanted in over 20 naxal-related cases in Khunti and Ranchi districts," Inspector General of Police M S Bhatia told a news conference here.
"We will recommend to the police headquarters to suitably reward the police personnel involved in catching Laka Pahan, who has been a terror in Khunti and bordering areas," he added.
Laka Pahan had earlier escaped the police net a fortnight ago. Three guns, bullets, six mobile phones, ten sim cards and Rs 7000 were seized from their possession," the IG said.
"Another wanted Maoist Kundan Pahan is our target now," Bhatia added.
Kundan Pahan is accused of beheading special branch inspector Francis Indwar in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday