Jharkhand: Dreaded ultra Laka Pahan arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Five ultras, including the one of the most wanted Naxalites, Laka Pahan, of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
"Laka Pahan, the `area commander` of the PLFI was among the five arrested from Anidih village yesterday. Laka Pahan is wanted in over 20 naxal-related cases in Khunti and Ranchi districts," Inspector General of Police M S Bhatia told a news conference here.
"We will recommend to the police headquarters to suitably reward the police personnel involved in catching Laka Pahan, who has been a terror in Khunti and bordering areas," he added.
Laka Pahan had earlier escaped the police net a fortnight ago. Three guns, bullets, six mobile phones, ten sim cards and Rs 7000 were seized from their possession," the IG said.
"Another wanted Maoist Kundan Pahan is our target now," Bhatia added.
Kundan Pahan is accused of beheading special branch inspector Francis Indwar in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack