Jharkhand farmers to get interest-free loans
Ranchi: Farmers in drought-hit Jharkhand would get interest-free loans and 75 per cent aid in seed purchase, the state assembly was informed Thursday.
Replying after a debate on drought, Agriculture Minister Satyanand Jha Batul said the government was aware of the problems farmers and would take proper initiative to help them deal with the drought.
Batul said the government had cleared all dues of the farmers who had sold their grains to the government last year.
When the opposition informed him that farmers had not yet received their dues in some areas, the minister said he would enquire into it and take necessary action.
Stating that his department has set up agri-tool centres to provide instruments to farmers on rent, Batul said ponds had been dug up in large numbers across the state to increase irrigation facilities.
Disaster Management Minister Gopal Krishna Patar said the entire state has been declared drought-hit to facilitate relief work.
He said rains occurred in maximum districts after July, but delayed monsoon made it difficult to save the kharif crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President