Jharkhand farmers to get interest-free loans
Ranchi: Farmers in drought-hit Jharkhand would get interest-free loans and 75 per cent aid in seed purchase, the state assembly was informed Thursday.
Replying after a debate on drought, Agriculture Minister Satyanand Jha Batul said the government was aware of the problems farmers and would take proper initiative to help them deal with the drought.
Batul said the government had cleared all dues of the farmers who had sold their grains to the government last year.
When the opposition informed him that farmers had not yet received their dues in some areas, the minister said he would enquire into it and take necessary action.
Stating that his department has set up agri-tool centres to provide instruments to farmers on rent, Batul said ponds had been dug up in large numbers across the state to increase irrigation facilities.
Disaster Management Minister Gopal Krishna Patar said the entire state has been declared drought-hit to facilitate relief work.
He said rains occurred in maximum districts after July, but delayed monsoon made it difficult to save the kharif crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC