Jharkhand farmers to get interest-free loans
Ranchi: Farmers in drought-hit Jharkhand would get interest-free loans and 75 per cent aid in seed purchase, the state assembly was informed Thursday.
Replying after a debate on drought, Agriculture Minister Satyanand Jha Batul said the government was aware of the problems farmers and would take proper initiative to help them deal with the drought.
Batul said the government had cleared all dues of the farmers who had sold their grains to the government last year.
When the opposition informed him that farmers had not yet received their dues in some areas, the minister said he would enquire into it and take necessary action.
Stating that his department has set up agri-tool centres to provide instruments to farmers on rent, Batul said ponds had been dug up in large numbers across the state to increase irrigation facilities.
Disaster Management Minister Gopal Krishna Patar said the entire state has been declared drought-hit to facilitate relief work.
He said rains occurred in maximum districts after July, but delayed monsoon made it difficult to save the kharif crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check www.gseb.org for 10th result 2016: GSEB SSC result 2016 declared
- Cassini climbs over Saturn's poles and captures this stunning image - See pic!
- Shocking! Four out of five women are harassed in public places in India, finds survey
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers