Jharkhand gang-rape case: Eight held
Ranchi: Eight persons, accused in the brutal gang-rape of four school girls in Pakur district, have been arrested, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren said on Tuesday.
Terming the incident as shocking, he said a team would visit the area to probe the incident which occurred at a secluded spot near the school run by a mission.
"Eight of the nine accused have been arrested, and the one remaining will be caught soon," Soren told reporters in the presence of DGP Rajeev Kumar and Home Secretary NN Pandey here.
"The government will take the responsibility for the minor girls` education and train them in self-defence," he said.
The DGP said the arrested persons belong to Santhal Parganas.
The incident, with the girls being forcibly taken away by the accused, happened at Lobda village under Littipara police station on Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad