Jharkhand gang-rape case: Eight held
Ranchi: Eight persons, accused in the brutal gang-rape of four school girls in Pakur district, have been arrested, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren said on Tuesday.
Terming the incident as shocking, he said a team would visit the area to probe the incident which occurred at a secluded spot near the school run by a mission.
"Eight of the nine accused have been arrested, and the one remaining will be caught soon," Soren told reporters in the presence of DGP Rajeev Kumar and Home Secretary NN Pandey here.
"The government will take the responsibility for the minor girls` education and train them in self-defence," he said.
The DGP said the arrested persons belong to Santhal Parganas.
The incident, with the girls being forcibly taken away by the accused, happened at Lobda village under Littipara police station on Sunday night.
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case
- Asia Badminton Championship: Saina Nehwal enters semis, plays Wang Yihan of China
- BSF to hoist tallest national flag at Attari-Wagah border, will be visible from Lahore!