Jharkhand gets award for success in health insurance scheme
Chandigarh: Jharkhand today earned kudos
for successfully implementing the Centre`s flagship health
insurance scheme for poor families in spite of the Naxal
"We have been awarded for our individual contribution
in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana as we have achieved 70 per
cent of coverage under RSBY scheme in the first year of
implementation," Jharkhand Labour Commissioner Aradhana
Patnaik said here.
Union Ministry for Labour and Employment Mallikarjun
Kharge presented the award to Jharkhand, where 16 districts
out of 24 are affected by Maoist violence, for its
contribution in providing health care benefits to BPL families
during a national workshop on RSBY organised here.
Within one year, the state has covered four lakh BPL
families under RSBY in six districts including Ranchi, Kuti,
Garwha, West Singhbhum, Dhanbad and Deoghar, Patnaik said.
Significantly, the state achieved 85 per cent enrolment under
RSBY in Garwha district, which is Naxal hotbed.
"Naxals are certainly a big challenge for us because
we are going door to door in very remote areas for covering
BPL families for RSBY.... Sometimes a lot of encounters are
going on in these areas...Naxal sponsored bandhs (are
observed).... So it is a challenging job," she said.
Jharkhand has identified 23 lakh BPL families, she
said adding now the state authorities are aiming to cover 13
more districts to bring more BPL families under RSBY.
She said that Jharkhand has allotted 16 districts to
Oriental Insurance and 8 districts to Chola Mandalam for RSBY.
"We have achieved success as we have been holding
health camps in villages and remote areas so as to encourage
villagers to avail benefits of RSBY," she added.
Beneficiaries under RSBY scheme are entitled to
hospitalisation coverage up to Rs. 30,000 for most of diseases
in over 4,500 hospitals. The insurance premium is shared by
Centre and states in the ratio of 75:25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram