Jharkhand gets award for success in health insurance scheme
Chandigarh: Jharkhand today earned kudos
for successfully implementing the Centre`s flagship health
insurance scheme for poor families in spite of the Naxal
"We have been awarded for our individual contribution
in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana as we have achieved 70 per
cent of coverage under RSBY scheme in the first year of
implementation," Jharkhand Labour Commissioner Aradhana
Patnaik said here.
Union Ministry for Labour and Employment Mallikarjun
Kharge presented the award to Jharkhand, where 16 districts
out of 24 are affected by Maoist violence, for its
contribution in providing health care benefits to BPL families
during a national workshop on RSBY organised here.
Within one year, the state has covered four lakh BPL
families under RSBY in six districts including Ranchi, Kuti,
Garwha, West Singhbhum, Dhanbad and Deoghar, Patnaik said.
Significantly, the state achieved 85 per cent enrolment under
RSBY in Garwha district, which is Naxal hotbed.
"Naxals are certainly a big challenge for us because
we are going door to door in very remote areas for covering
BPL families for RSBY.... Sometimes a lot of encounters are
going on in these areas...Naxal sponsored bandhs (are
observed).... So it is a challenging job," she said.
Jharkhand has identified 23 lakh BPL families, she
said adding now the state authorities are aiming to cover 13
more districts to bring more BPL families under RSBY.
She said that Jharkhand has allotted 16 districts to
Oriental Insurance and 8 districts to Chola Mandalam for RSBY.
"We have achieved success as we have been holding
health camps in villages and remote areas so as to encourage
villagers to avail benefits of RSBY," she added.
Beneficiaries under RSBY scheme are entitled to
hospitalisation coverage up to Rs. 30,000 for most of diseases
in over 4,500 hospitals. The insurance premium is shared by
Centre and states in the ratio of 75:25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video