Jharkhand girl kills herself under pressure to marry rapist
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Eight dyas after being raped, a 14-year-old girl has committed suicide at her home in Koderma district.
The girl, a student of class 8, reportedly consumed pesticide on Tuesday night.
According to reports, she was being pressurised to marry her alleged rapist. Her family was being threatened by the accused`s kin to drop the rape charges.
According to the FIR, the minor girl was returning home from school under Jaynagar police station when the accused forcibly took her to an isolated place and raped her on September 11.
The 24-year-old accused was arrested the next day.
A total of 799 rape cases have been reported in the state till August 31.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state