Jharkhand girl kills herself under pressure to marry rapist
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Eight dyas after being raped, a 14-year-old girl has committed suicide at her home in Koderma district.
The girl, a student of class 8, reportedly consumed pesticide on Tuesday night.
According to reports, she was being pressurised to marry her alleged rapist. Her family was being threatened by the accused`s kin to drop the rape charges.
According to the FIR, the minor girl was returning home from school under Jaynagar police station when the accused forcibly took her to an isolated place and raped her on September 11.
The 24-year-old accused was arrested the next day.
A total of 799 rape cases have been reported in the state till August 31.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!