Jharkhand girl kills herself under pressure to marry rapist
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Eight dyas after being raped, a 14-year-old girl has committed suicide at her home in Koderma district.
The girl, a student of class 8, reportedly consumed pesticide on Tuesday night.
According to reports, she was being pressurised to marry her alleged rapist. Her family was being threatened by the accused`s kin to drop the rape charges.
According to the FIR, the minor girl was returning home from school under Jaynagar police station when the accused forcibly took her to an isolated place and raped her on September 11.
The 24-year-old accused was arrested the next day.
A total of 799 rape cases have been reported in the state till August 31.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here