Jharkhand Governor begins anti-corruption drive
Ranchi: On the direction of Governor M O H Farooq, the Vigilance Bureau will file an FIR against ex-chairman Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Dilip Kumar Prasad and three of its ex-members on a series of charges, including `irregularities` in conducting 2007/8 examinations and `nepotism`, the official sources said Thursday.
Nineteen officials, who had been successful during that examination, have been withdrawn from their place of posting and asked to report to the personnel department
after the Bureau made out a prima facie report of `fraud` and `forgery` against them.
The department was asked to serve show cause notice to them, listing the charges against the officials.
Prashant Kumar Layek, who was set free by the Maoists in January when he was the Block Development Officer of Dalbhumgarh in Singhbhum, is among the ninteen officials, the sources said here.
Layek was released in a `swap deal` between the Maoists and the then Shibu Soren government.
The Governor ordered to set up a team and complete investigation into the charges within three months.
Jharkhand has been hit by corruption allegations, including the Madhu Koda scam, for the last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country