Jharkhand Governor begins anti-corruption drive
Ranchi: On the direction of Governor M O H Farooq, the Vigilance Bureau will file an FIR against ex-chairman Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Dilip Kumar Prasad and three of its ex-members on a series of charges, including `irregularities` in conducting 2007/8 examinations and `nepotism`, the official sources said Thursday.
Nineteen officials, who had been successful during that examination, have been withdrawn from their place of posting and asked to report to the personnel department
after the Bureau made out a prima facie report of `fraud` and `forgery` against them.
The department was asked to serve show cause notice to them, listing the charges against the officials.
Prashant Kumar Layek, who was set free by the Maoists in January when he was the Block Development Officer of Dalbhumgarh in Singhbhum, is among the ninteen officials, the sources said here.
Layek was released in a `swap deal` between the Maoists and the then Shibu Soren government.
The Governor ordered to set up a team and complete investigation into the charges within three months.
Jharkhand has been hit by corruption allegations, including the Madhu Koda scam, for the last several years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!