Jharkhand Governor begins anti-corruption drive
Ranchi: On the direction of Governor M O H Farooq, the Vigilance Bureau will file an FIR against ex-chairman Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Dilip Kumar Prasad and three of its ex-members on a series of charges, including `irregularities` in conducting 2007/8 examinations and `nepotism`, the official sources said Thursday.
Nineteen officials, who had been successful during that examination, have been withdrawn from their place of posting and asked to report to the personnel department
after the Bureau made out a prima facie report of `fraud` and `forgery` against them.
The department was asked to serve show cause notice to them, listing the charges against the officials.
Prashant Kumar Layek, who was set free by the Maoists in January when he was the Block Development Officer of Dalbhumgarh in Singhbhum, is among the ninteen officials, the sources said here.
Layek was released in a `swap deal` between the Maoists and the then Shibu Soren government.
The Governor ordered to set up a team and complete investigation into the charges within three months.
Jharkhand has been hit by corruption allegations, including the Madhu Koda scam, for the last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees