Jharkhand Governor begins anti-corruption drive
Ranchi: On the direction of Governor M O H Farooq, the Vigilance Bureau will file an FIR against ex-chairman Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) Dilip Kumar Prasad and three of its ex-members on a series of charges, including `irregularities` in conducting 2007/8 examinations and `nepotism`, the official sources said Thursday.
Nineteen officials, who had been successful during that examination, have been withdrawn from their place of posting and asked to report to the personnel department
after the Bureau made out a prima facie report of `fraud` and `forgery` against them.
The department was asked to serve show cause notice to them, listing the charges against the officials.
Prashant Kumar Layek, who was set free by the Maoists in January when he was the Block Development Officer of Dalbhumgarh in Singhbhum, is among the ninteen officials, the sources said here.
Layek was released in a `swap deal` between the Maoists and the then Shibu Soren government.
The Governor ordered to set up a team and complete investigation into the charges within three months.
Jharkhand has been hit by corruption allegations, including the Madhu Koda scam, for the last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next