Jharkhand Governor faints while delivering I-Day address
Dumka: Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed was on Friday taken ill while addressing the Independence Day function.
"He fell ill and was brought to Sadar Hospital. There is nothing to worry about," attending doctor at the hospital Dr Ramesh Verma told reporters here.
Later, Dumka Deputy Commissioner Harsha Mangla said, "The Governor has been discharged from the hospital and is being taken to Raj Bhavan in Ranchi."
Dumka is the second capital of Jharkhand where Governor speaks on Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice