Jharkhand Governor returns ordinance
Ranchi: Jharkhand Governor MOH Farook on Saturday returned an ordinance sanctioned by Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday, asking the government to get it approved by the cabinet before sending it to Raj Bhavan.
Under pressure from anti-encroachment protesters, Munda had on Thursday cleared an ordinance on behalf of the cabinet.
The ordinance reportedly sought to regularise houses that deviated from original design approved by the civic authorities.
According to Raj Bhavan sources, the governor asked the government to put the ordinance before the cabinet before seeking his approval.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India