Jharkhand Governor returns ordinance
Ranchi: Jharkhand Governor MOH Farook on Saturday returned an ordinance sanctioned by Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday, asking the government to get it approved by the cabinet before sending it to Raj Bhavan.
Under pressure from anti-encroachment protesters, Munda had on Thursday cleared an ordinance on behalf of the cabinet.
The ordinance reportedly sought to regularise houses that deviated from original design approved by the civic authorities.
According to Raj Bhavan sources, the governor asked the government to put the ordinance before the cabinet before seeking his approval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32