Jharkhand Governor returns ordinance
Ranchi: Jharkhand Governor MOH Farook on Saturday returned an ordinance sanctioned by Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday, asking the government to get it approved by the cabinet before sending it to Raj Bhavan.
Under pressure from anti-encroachment protesters, Munda had on Thursday cleared an ordinance on behalf of the cabinet.
The ordinance reportedly sought to regularise houses that deviated from original design approved by the civic authorities.
According to Raj Bhavan sources, the governor asked the government to put the ordinance before the cabinet before seeking his approval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!