Jharkhand Governor sends second status report
Ranchi: Governor Syed Ahmed is believed to have sent a second status report recommending President’s rule in Jharkhand keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
Ahmed had sent the first status report on June 8 after not getting firm assurance from any party about government formation.
Sources said today that the Governor has sent a second status report.
The Governor also met the Congress, RJD and Left parties before sending his report, the sources said.
Jharkhand has twice been placed under President’s rule.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha had on Saturday requested the governor for more time for government formation.
The lone Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey and independent MLA Chamra Linda called on the governor today, Raj Bhavan sources said, but did not reveal details of the meeting.
Tirkey and Linda had on Saturday said that they would support the formation of any new government.
The uncertainty began after JMM pulled out of the BJP-led government on June 8 and the Arjun Munda cabinet recommended dissolution of the Assembly. The chief minister had also resigned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea