Jharkhand Governor sends second status report
Ranchi: Governor Syed Ahmed is believed to have sent a second status report recommending President’s rule in Jharkhand keeping the state assembly in suspended animation.
Ahmed had sent the first status report on June 8 after not getting firm assurance from any party about government formation.
Sources said today that the Governor has sent a second status report.
The Governor also met the Congress, RJD and Left parties before sending his report, the sources said.
Jharkhand has twice been placed under President’s rule.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha had on Saturday requested the governor for more time for government formation.
The lone Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey and independent MLA Chamra Linda called on the governor today, Raj Bhavan sources said, but did not reveal details of the meeting.
Tirkey and Linda had on Saturday said that they would support the formation of any new government.
The uncertainty began after JMM pulled out of the BJP-led government on June 8 and the Arjun Munda cabinet recommended dissolution of the Assembly. The chief minister had also resigned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users