Jharkhand Governor should recommend assembly dissolution: BJP
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Governor MOH Farook should recommend for dissolution of state assembly as no party has yet come forward to stake claim for government, BJP’s state unit president Raghuvar Das said on Friday.
Though one month has already elapsed, no party or alliance staked claim to form a government in Jharkhand. Hence, the Governor should recommend for dissolution of the state assembly without any further lapse of time to pave way for fresh elections, Das told a press conference here.
To a query whether BJP would take initiative to form a government, Das said his party has taken a clear stand and demanded for dissolution of the state assembly first.
Das refused to comment when asked about the recent JMM statement that it would rethink to form a government in case any national party took initiative in this regard.
Criticising the UPA government’s decision to hike the prices of petroleum products, the former deputy chief minister said it has badly affected the masses in general and the
poorer section in particular.
He said BJP and its allies has called for Bharat bandh on July 5 in protest against the price rise of petroleum products.
Das also referred to the theft of an ancient idol from the famous `Chhinmastika` kali temple at Rajrappa in Jharkhand today and called for immediate recovery of the idols.
"We demand the administration take immediate steps to recover the century-old ancient idol of goddess Chinmastika and initiate action against miscreants bent upon hurting the
religious sentiments of a majority section of society," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video