Jharkhand Governor should recommend assembly dissolution: BJP
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Governor MOH Farook should recommend for dissolution of state assembly as no party has yet come forward to stake claim for government, BJP’s state unit president Raghuvar Das said on Friday.
Though one month has already elapsed, no party or alliance staked claim to form a government in Jharkhand. Hence, the Governor should recommend for dissolution of the state assembly without any further lapse of time to pave way for fresh elections, Das told a press conference here.
To a query whether BJP would take initiative to form a government, Das said his party has taken a clear stand and demanded for dissolution of the state assembly first.
Das refused to comment when asked about the recent JMM statement that it would rethink to form a government in case any national party took initiative in this regard.
Criticising the UPA government’s decision to hike the prices of petroleum products, the former deputy chief minister said it has badly affected the masses in general and the
poorer section in particular.
He said BJP and its allies has called for Bharat bandh on July 5 in protest against the price rise of petroleum products.
Das also referred to the theft of an ancient idol from the famous `Chhinmastika` kali temple at Rajrappa in Jharkhand today and called for immediate recovery of the idols.
"We demand the administration take immediate steps to recover the century-old ancient idol of goddess Chinmastika and initiate action against miscreants bent upon hurting the
religious sentiments of a majority section of society," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!