Jharkhand govt alerts districts as Cyclone Phailin approaches
Ranchi: Jharkhand has geared up to face any eventuality as the Met office has forecasted heavy rains accompanied by gales speeding up to 70 kmph across the state due to Cyclone `Phailin` which will make a landfall in neighbouring Odisha.
On the direction of Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Disaster Management Department`s Principal Secretary Arun Kumar Singh is taking stock of the situation in every district through video conferencing with all deputy commissioners, an official release said here.
Quoting the MeT forecast that the cyclonic storm is expected to enter the state tomorrow morning, Singh issued an appeal to the people to stay indoors on October 13 and 14.
According to the MeT office, Cyclone Phailin`s impact is expected to be experienced across the entire state, with the state administration specially alerting the districts of West Singhbhum, Sareikela-Kharsawan, Khunti, Simdega, Latehar, Lohardaga and Ranchi.
Deputy commissioners of all districts have been asked to keep a vigil on all Puja pandals during the period, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray