Jharkhand govt criticises own police force
Ranchi: In criticism of its own police, the Jharkhand government on Friday said the killing of four persons by Maoists at Baruhatu in Ranchi district had put a `question mark on their capability`.
"It is unfortunate. It puts a big question mark on their capability, and we don`t have any reservation to say that," Chief Secretary AK Singh said here.
Asked how Maoists could kill the four including an eight-year-old girl at Baruhatu, about 60 km from here last night and escape despite a police picket there, Singh said he
had spoken to the superintendent of police.
"It`s a long drawn fight (with Maoists). CRPF Director General Vijay Kumar and its Additional Director General PM Nair, are coming to Jharkhand on November 22. We will discuss it," he said.
Maoists had shot dead the four claiming them to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming