Jharkhand govt criticises own police force
Ranchi: In criticism of its own police, the Jharkhand government on Friday said the killing of four persons by Maoists at Baruhatu in Ranchi district had put a `question mark on their capability`.
"It is unfortunate. It puts a big question mark on their capability, and we don`t have any reservation to say that," Chief Secretary AK Singh said here.
Asked how Maoists could kill the four including an eight-year-old girl at Baruhatu, about 60 km from here last night and escape despite a police picket there, Singh said he
had spoken to the superintendent of police.
"It`s a long drawn fight (with Maoists). CRPF Director General Vijay Kumar and its Additional Director General PM Nair, are coming to Jharkhand on November 22. We will discuss it," he said.
Maoists had shot dead the four claiming them to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG