Jharkhand govt tables supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand government Friday presented
a supplementary budget of Rs 83515.08 lakh on the first day of the monsoon session of the Assembly.
Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, who holds the
Finance portfolio, laid the first supplementary budget.
The Arjun Munda government also introduced a bunch of
bills including Jharkhand Employees Selection Commission
(amendment) Bill, 2011, Jharkhand Electronic Service Delivery
Bill, 2011 and Jharkhand State Services Guarantee Bill, 2011.
Meanwhile, opposition Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM) questioned the necessity of tabling a
supplementary budget when "only 10 per cent" of the annual
budget passed in March could be spent.
JVM legislature party leader Pradip Yadav claimed in
the House that out of Rs 15,300 crore planned budget, only Rs
1425.38 crore could be spent in the past four months.
Later, speaking to reporters, Yadav alleged "If there
is sufficient fund under plan head and the total amount is yet
to be spent what is the necessity for the supplementary
"The government has also not started any new scheme for
which funds might be required through the supplementary
budget," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?