Jharkhand govt tables supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand government Friday presented
a supplementary budget of Rs 83515.08 lakh on the first day of the monsoon session of the Assembly.
Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, who holds the
Finance portfolio, laid the first supplementary budget.
The Arjun Munda government also introduced a bunch of
bills including Jharkhand Employees Selection Commission
(amendment) Bill, 2011, Jharkhand Electronic Service Delivery
Bill, 2011 and Jharkhand State Services Guarantee Bill, 2011.
Meanwhile, opposition Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM) questioned the necessity of tabling a
supplementary budget when "only 10 per cent" of the annual
budget passed in March could be spent.
JVM legislature party leader Pradip Yadav claimed in
the House that out of Rs 15,300 crore planned budget, only Rs
1425.38 crore could be spent in the past four months.
Later, speaking to reporters, Yadav alleged "If there
is sufficient fund under plan head and the total amount is yet
to be spent what is the necessity for the supplementary
"The government has also not started any new scheme for
which funds might be required through the supplementary
budget," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in