Jharkhand govt tables supplementary budget
Ranchi: Jharkhand government Friday presented
a supplementary budget of Rs 83515.08 lakh on the first day of the monsoon session of the Assembly.
Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, who holds the
Finance portfolio, laid the first supplementary budget.
The Arjun Munda government also introduced a bunch of
bills including Jharkhand Employees Selection Commission
(amendment) Bill, 2011, Jharkhand Electronic Service Delivery
Bill, 2011 and Jharkhand State Services Guarantee Bill, 2011.
Meanwhile, opposition Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM) questioned the necessity of tabling a
supplementary budget when "only 10 per cent" of the annual
budget passed in March could be spent.
JVM legislature party leader Pradip Yadav claimed in
the House that out of Rs 15,300 crore planned budget, only Rs
1425.38 crore could be spent in the past four months.
Later, speaking to reporters, Yadav alleged "If there
is sufficient fund under plan head and the total amount is yet
to be spent what is the necessity for the supplementary
"The government has also not started any new scheme for
which funds might be required through the supplementary
budget," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan