Jharkhand govt to provide toilets in all schools
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Tuesday promised before the high court that toilets would be available in all schools by the year end.
Additional Chief Secretary Sudhir Prasad, incharge of Drinking Water and Sanitation Department, and HRD`s Principal Secretary K Vidyasagar in person informed the division bench comprising Chief Justice R Banumati and Justice P P Bhatt that the task would be completed by December.
The court has taken the motion on its own as there is non-availability of drinking water and toilet facilities in over 2,500 primary, middle and high schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate