Jharkhand govt to provide toilets in all schools
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Tuesday promised before the high court that toilets would be available in all schools by the year end.
Additional Chief Secretary Sudhir Prasad, incharge of Drinking Water and Sanitation Department, and HRD`s Principal Secretary K Vidyasagar in person informed the division bench comprising Chief Justice R Banumati and Justice P P Bhatt that the task would be completed by December.
The court has taken the motion on its own as there is non-availability of drinking water and toilet facilities in over 2,500 primary, middle and high schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!