Jharkhand govt to start water supply to slum areas of Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand government has directed authorities to supply potable water to slum areas here in the city.
Jharkhand chief secretary had recently issued a directive asking Jamshedpur Utility and Services Company (JUSCO) to provide water supply in non-command areas under Jugsalai, Mango and Jamshedpur Notified Area Committees.
Following the move, a senior BJP leader Saryu Rai announced withdrawal of `water satyagraha`, launched in demand of adequate water supply to slum areas here.
The water facility in non-Tata Steel command areas have to be provided as per the guidelines of the Ranchi Municipal Corporation, Rai, a former MLA, told reporters.
Rai said over 5000 families, facing acute water crisis, will be benefited after the implementation of the directive.
The residents need not to provide valid documents of their land or home but can avail water connection with documents such as Aadhar card, electricity bills, telephone bills, LPG connection papers, voter ID card, pan card etc, it said.
The state government has even fixed the charges for availing the facility, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling