Jharkhand govt to start water supply to slum areas of Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand government has directed authorities to supply potable water to slum areas here in the city.
Jharkhand chief secretary had recently issued a directive asking Jamshedpur Utility and Services Company (JUSCO) to provide water supply in non-command areas under Jugsalai, Mango and Jamshedpur Notified Area Committees.
Following the move, a senior BJP leader Saryu Rai announced withdrawal of `water satyagraha`, launched in demand of adequate water supply to slum areas here.
The water facility in non-Tata Steel command areas have to be provided as per the guidelines of the Ranchi Municipal Corporation, Rai, a former MLA, told reporters.
Rai said over 5000 families, facing acute water crisis, will be benefited after the implementation of the directive.
The residents need not to provide valid documents of their land or home but can avail water connection with documents such as Aadhar card, electricity bills, telephone bills, LPG connection papers, voter ID card, pan card etc, it said.
The state government has even fixed the charges for availing the facility, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis