Jharkhand Guv recommends President`s Rule: Report
New Delhi: Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed is understood to have recommended President`s Rule in the state by keeping the Assembly under suspended animation.
The recommendation was made in his report to the Centre on the political situation in the wake of the resignation of Chief Minister Arjun Munda who also sought dissolution of the Assembly after JMM withdrew support to his Government, sources said.
"I have received the preliminary report from the Jharkhand Governor. I will go through it. Wait for sometime for any decision," Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters without giving details.
Munda had resigned yesterday and his cabinet recommended dissolution of the Assembly.
The present political crisis erupted when BJP`s ruling coalition partner JMM, in a letter to the Governor, formally withdrew its support to the 28-month-old government pushing it into a minority.
In the 82-member state assembly, BJP and JMM have 18 members each. The Munda government had the support of six members of All Jharkhand Students` Union, two of JD (U), two independents and one nominated member who has voting right in a trial of strength.
Opposition Congress has a total of 13 members, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(P)11 and RJD 5 in the assembly. CPI-ML(L), Marxist Coordination Party, Jharkhand Party (Ekka), Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Jai Bharat Samta Party have one member each besides an independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre