Jharkhand has moved downward under alliance politics: Marandi
Jamshedpur: Mineral-rich Jharkhand has "moved downward" under the politics of alliance during last decade, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) supremo Babulal Marandi said on Saturday.
Addressing the party workers at Raghunathpur in Seraikela-Kharswan district, Marandi said the alliance politics of BJP-JMM and Congress-JMM during the last 13 years has pushed Jharkhand "downward as development work has come to a grinding halt during the period."
BJP had ruled for maximum period since separate Jharkhand state was created in 2000 but they did nothing to push up the pace of development of the state because of their greed for power, he alleged.
The law and order situation in the state was at its lowest ebb and people particularly women were leading life under insecure atmosphere, he claimed.
Lambasting the incumbent state government headed by JMM?s Hemant Soren, Marandi said the "in-activeness of the government has boosted the morale of the criminals and there was spurt in criminal activities."
He promised to provide ration card to all families within six months time, if his party was voted to power in next Assembly election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation