Jharkhand has to strengthen T&D of electricity
Ranchi: Jharkhand has adequate electricity, but has to strengthen its transmission and distribution to utilise its maximum potential, a top state-owned power utility official said.
We dont have any scarcity of electricity, but T&D (transmission and distribution) are poor, and should be strengthened, Jharkhand State Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman Mukhtiar Singh said here yesterday.
The Commission has directed the Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) to take appropriate steps in order to strengthen the T&D network and asked to submit a detailed plan with expected benefits with the next tariff petition, he said.
Expressing sorrow at reports of some deaths following snapping of weak overhead wires recently, Singh said the JSEB was directed to implement safety measures in its networks in order to avoid accidents which not only disrupted power supply but also led to loss of human life.
He said the JSEB was asked to simplify bill payment procedure by providing alternatives to consumers like online payment or payments at multiple banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents