Jharkhand has to strengthen T&D of electricity
Ranchi: Jharkhand has adequate electricity, but has to strengthen its transmission and distribution to utilise its maximum potential, a top state-owned power utility official said.
We dont have any scarcity of electricity, but T&D (transmission and distribution) are poor, and should be strengthened, Jharkhand State Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman Mukhtiar Singh said here yesterday.
The Commission has directed the Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) to take appropriate steps in order to strengthen the T&D network and asked to submit a detailed plan with expected benefits with the next tariff petition, he said.
Expressing sorrow at reports of some deaths following snapping of weak overhead wires recently, Singh said the JSEB was directed to implement safety measures in its networks in order to avoid accidents which not only disrupted power supply but also led to loss of human life.
He said the JSEB was asked to simplify bill payment procedure by providing alternatives to consumers like online payment or payments at multiple banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar