Jharkhand HC orders CBI to probe JPSC-II exams
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Thursday directed the CBI to investigate selection of candidates through the second combined examination conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Examination (JPSC) a few years ago.
Hearing on a bunch of petitions challenging the second JPSC examinations, the division bench of Justice RK Merathia and Justice DN Upadhyay ordered all the officers posted in various state departments, barring a lady, to stop work till the CBI concludes its investigation as the combined competitive examination was found to be tainted.
The bench also directed that salaries to the officers should be stopped until the probe process was completed.
After the selection of the candidates through the JPSC-conducted examinations, they were posted in various departments like the police, the education and other administrative departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video