Jharkhand HC orders CBI to probe JPSC-II exams
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Thursday directed the CBI to investigate selection of candidates through the second combined examination conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Examination (JPSC) a few years ago.
Hearing on a bunch of petitions challenging the second JPSC examinations, the division bench of Justice RK Merathia and Justice DN Upadhyay ordered all the officers posted in various state departments, barring a lady, to stop work till the CBI concludes its investigation as the combined competitive examination was found to be tainted.
The bench also directed that salaries to the officers should be stopped until the probe process was completed.
After the selection of the candidates through the JPSC-conducted examinations, they were posted in various departments like the police, the education and other administrative departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video