Jharkhand HC revokes stay order on Sita Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday revoked its stay order on JMM MLA Sita Soren in connection with the 2012 horse trading case lodged following cash seizure on the polling day of Rajya Sabha elections.
The bench of Justice R R Prasad revoked the stay order it had given after Soren petitioned against a lower court`s order for her arrest and property attachment last year.
The CBI is investigating the case.
Sita is one of the accused in the case. CBI has raided the premises of at least 23 MLAs of different political parties in connection with the case.
The agency registered the case on the direction of the high court after the police and the Income Tax Department sleuths recovered Rs 2.15 crore in cash from a car allegedly belonging to kin of independent candidate and Jamshedpur-based industrialist R K Agarwal on March 30, 2012, forcing the Election Commission of India to countermand the elections before holding them afresh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary