Jharkhand HC revokes stay order on Sita Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday revoked its stay order on JMM MLA Sita Soren in connection with the 2012 horse trading case lodged following cash seizure on the polling day of Rajya Sabha elections.
The bench of Justice R R Prasad revoked the stay order it had given after Soren petitioned against a lower court`s order for her arrest and property attachment last year.
The CBI is investigating the case.
Sita is one of the accused in the case. CBI has raided the premises of at least 23 MLAs of different political parties in connection with the case.
The agency registered the case on the direction of the high court after the police and the Income Tax Department sleuths recovered Rs 2.15 crore in cash from a car allegedly belonging to kin of independent candidate and Jamshedpur-based industrialist R K Agarwal on March 30, 2012, forcing the Election Commission of India to countermand the elections before holding them afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur