Jharkhand HC revokes stay order on Sita Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Friday revoked its stay order on JMM MLA Sita Soren in connection with the 2012 horse trading case lodged following cash seizure on the polling day of Rajya Sabha elections.
The bench of Justice R R Prasad revoked the stay order it had given after Soren petitioned against a lower court`s order for her arrest and property attachment last year.
The CBI is investigating the case.
Sita is one of the accused in the case. CBI has raided the premises of at least 23 MLAs of different political parties in connection with the case.
The agency registered the case on the direction of the high court after the police and the Income Tax Department sleuths recovered Rs 2.15 crore in cash from a car allegedly belonging to kin of independent candidate and Jamshedpur-based industrialist R K Agarwal on March 30, 2012, forcing the Election Commission of India to countermand the elections before holding them afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH