Jharkhand High Court rejects bail petition of Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today rejected the bail petition of Binod Sinha, one of the key accused in the money laundering and illegal investments scam involving former chief minister Madhu Koda.
The single-bench of Justice D N Upadhyay rejected Sinha`s bail after the advocate of Enforcement Directorate opposed it on the ground that another key accused Anil Bastawade was brought from abroad and his interrogation was still to take place, while some other accused in the money laundering case were at large.
Sinha and his brother Vikas were arrested soon after Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with money laundering and illegal investment scams. All three are in judicial custody now.
Bastawade, who was yesterday remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a special court here, was taken in remand for ten days by the ED today for interrogation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan