Jharkhand High Court rejects bail petition of Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today rejected the bail petition of Binod Sinha, one of the key accused in the money laundering and illegal investments scam involving former chief minister Madhu Koda.
The single-bench of Justice D N Upadhyay rejected Sinha`s bail after the advocate of Enforcement Directorate opposed it on the ground that another key accused Anil Bastawade was brought from abroad and his interrogation was still to take place, while some other accused in the money laundering case were at large.
Sinha and his brother Vikas were arrested soon after Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with money laundering and illegal investment scams. All three are in judicial custody now.
Bastawade, who was yesterday remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a special court here, was taken in remand for ten days by the ED today for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption