Jharkhand High Court rejects bail petition of Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today rejected the bail petition of Binod Sinha, one of the key accused in the money laundering and illegal investments scam involving former chief minister Madhu Koda.
The single-bench of Justice D N Upadhyay rejected Sinha`s bail after the advocate of Enforcement Directorate opposed it on the ground that another key accused Anil Bastawade was brought from abroad and his interrogation was still to take place, while some other accused in the money laundering case were at large.
Sinha and his brother Vikas were arrested soon after Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection with money laundering and illegal investment scams. All three are in judicial custody now.
Bastawade, who was yesterday remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a special court here, was taken in remand for ten days by the ED today for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love