Jharkhand independent for RS polls withdraws
Ranchi: Independent candidate Anshuman
Mishra withdrew his nomination for the Rajya Sabha elections
from Jharkhand on the last date of withdrawal on Thursday.
One of his proposers, BJP MLA BK Gagarai, withdrew
the nomination on Mishra`s behalf, Returning Officer KK
Prasad said that according to norms, the candidate
himself, his agent or any of the proposers could withdraw the
BJP leader Yashwant Sinha had objected to the party
backing Mishra, an NRI businessman, saying the seat was being
Mishra had earlier said that he had no intention to
withdraw from the race unless the party leadership directed
Following Mishra`s withdrawal there are five
candidates for the March 30 elections for the two Rajya Sabha
seats from the state -- Pradip Kumar Balmuchu (Congress),
Praveen Kumar Singh (Jharkhand Vikash Morcha-Prajatantrik),
Sanjiv Kumar, (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha) and two Independents, RK Agarwal and Pawan Kumar Dhoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack