Jharkhand: Journalist questioned in girlfriend death case
Ranchi: Journalist Priyabhansu Ranjan, now in judicial custody in connection with his girlfriend Nirupama Pathak`s death case, was interrogated by the police in Koderma jail.
Koderma`s Tilaya police station in-charge Arun Kumar questioned Ranjan yesterday after Pathak`s mother Sudha petitioned the police to interrogate the accused, police sources said on Monday.
Ranjan had on June 5 surrendered before a Koderma court, which sent him to 14 days judicial remand, after evading arrest for nearly two years.
Nirupama`s body was found on 29 April, 2010 at her native place at Chitra Gupta Nagar Colony at Jhumri Telaiya in Koderma town.
Both Ranjan and Nirupama`s family accuse each other of being responsible for her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends