Jharkhand: Journalist questioned in girlfriend death case
Ranchi: Journalist Priyabhansu Ranjan, now in judicial custody in connection with his girlfriend Nirupama Pathak`s death case, was interrogated by the police in Koderma jail.
Koderma`s Tilaya police station in-charge Arun Kumar questioned Ranjan yesterday after Pathak`s mother Sudha petitioned the police to interrogate the accused, police sources said on Monday.
Ranjan had on June 5 surrendered before a Koderma court, which sent him to 14 days judicial remand, after evading arrest for nearly two years.
Nirupama`s body was found on 29 April, 2010 at her native place at Chitra Gupta Nagar Colony at Jhumri Telaiya in Koderma town.
Both Ranjan and Nirupama`s family accuse each other of being responsible for her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook