Jharkhand: JVM MLA escapes unhurt in attack
Garhwa: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Satyendra Nath Tewari escaped unhurt after unknown gunmen opened fire on his car on the Garhwa-Ambikapur road here, police said on Wednesday.
Tewari was going to Ranka from Garhwa to attend a marriage party when he was attacked near Anraj Ghati last night, SP Mayur Patel said, quoting the FIR filed by the MLA.
The security guards of the MLA also fired in retaliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa