Jharkhand: JVM MLA escapes unhurt in attack
Garhwa: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Satyendra Nath Tewari escaped unhurt after unknown gunmen opened fire on his car on the Garhwa-Ambikapur road here, police said on Wednesday.
Tewari was going to Ranka from Garhwa to attend a marriage party when he was attacked near Anraj Ghati last night, SP Mayur Patel said, quoting the FIR filed by the MLA.
The security guards of the MLA also fired in retaliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP