Jharkhand: Koda aide Binod Sinha arrested by CBI
New Delhi: Binod Sinha, a close aide of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, was Thursday arrested here by CBI in connection with its probe in the alleged hawala and illegal investments case.
Sinha has been wanted in the case for a long time as he is allegedly the main frontman for various investments of Koda in India and abroad.
The CBI had filed FIRs against Sinha and another alleged Koda associate Sanjay Chowdhary in a special CBI court in Ranchi on August 11 after the agency was directed by the Ranchi High Court to probe the case.
Sinha has been charged with investing money on behalf of Koda in India and Middle-East countries including Dubai, by the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
The ED has also issued arrest warrants against Sinha, who is a businessman, and his brother Vikash was already in custody and was the first to be arrested by the ED in the
Sinha and another Koda associate Sanjay Chaudhary had skipped many notices for questioning both by the ED and the Income Tax department.
The CBI has earlier lodged separate FIRs against Koda, six of his former cabinet members and others on corruption charges in the Ranchi court.
The first FIR was filed against former Rural Development Minister Enos Ekka and former Urban Development Minister Harinarain Rai while the second was filed against
Koda, former Water Resources Minister Kamlesh Singh, former HRD Minister Bandhu Tirkey and former Health Minister B P Sahi.
The court`s direction followed a PIL filed by social activist Durga Oraon who sought a CBI probe into the disproportionate assets allegedly owned by Koda and his former cabinet colleagues during their ministerial tenure. The Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax Department are separately investigating alleged illegal investment and hawala transactions against Koda and others.
On October nine last year, the ED had filed an FIR against Koda and some others. On October 31, the Income Tax officials conducted raids in the premises of Koda and his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'