Jharkhand: Koda`s bail petition rejected by special CBI court
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Monday rejected
the bail plea of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda,
who is facing charges of money laundering and illegal
CBI`s special court of NN Singh rejected the petition
after the central investigating agency objected contending
that investigations were on and his release would affect the
Koda, who is in judicial custody since November 30, 2009
after his arrest by the vigilance bureau, cited health ground
in his bail petition.
Four investigation agencies - CBI, ED, Income Tax and
the state vigilance bureau - are probing into separate cases
of money laundering, illegal investments and disproportionate
assets cases against Koda, who had been at the head of UPA
government for 23 months between 2006 and 2008.
The IT/ED raided 70 premises of Koda and his alleged
associates on October 31, 2009 in this connection.
Earlier too, Koda`s bail applications were rejected by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister