Jharkhand: Koda`s bail petition rejected by special CBI court
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Monday rejected
the bail plea of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda,
who is facing charges of money laundering and illegal
CBI`s special court of NN Singh rejected the petition
after the central investigating agency objected contending
that investigations were on and his release would affect the
Koda, who is in judicial custody since November 30, 2009
after his arrest by the vigilance bureau, cited health ground
in his bail petition.
Four investigation agencies - CBI, ED, Income Tax and
the state vigilance bureau - are probing into separate cases
of money laundering, illegal investments and disproportionate
assets cases against Koda, who had been at the head of UPA
government for 23 months between 2006 and 2008.
The IT/ED raided 70 premises of Koda and his alleged
associates on October 31, 2009 in this connection.
Earlier too, Koda`s bail applications were rejected by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi