Jharkhand leaders to attend Congress meet in Delhi
Ranchi: Congress leaders and workers in Jharkhand are gearing up for the party`s November 04 national convention in New Delhi on the recent economic reforms.
"Jharkhand Congress in-charge Shakeel Ahmad has directed party leaders to prepare for the convention," Shailesh Sinha, Jharkhand Congress spokesman, told a news agency on Sunday.
All MPs, legislators, and block and district presidents from the state have been asked to attend the event, he said.
"The aim is to explain to party workers about the economic reforms such as FDI in retail and hike of diesel prices to counter the opposition`s campaigns," he said.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government recently allowed foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail and insurance and pension sectors and also hiked the price of diesel and has been facing opposition fire ever since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn
- Axis Bank raises Rs 2,430 cr from debentures
- 'GDP growth rate to be lower than CSO's forecast of 7.6% in FY16'