Jharkhand leaders to attend Congress meet in Delhi
Ranchi: Congress leaders and workers in Jharkhand are gearing up for the party`s November 04 national convention in New Delhi on the recent economic reforms.
"Jharkhand Congress in-charge Shakeel Ahmad has directed party leaders to prepare for the convention," Shailesh Sinha, Jharkhand Congress spokesman, told a news agency on Sunday.
All MPs, legislators, and block and district presidents from the state have been asked to attend the event, he said.
"The aim is to explain to party workers about the economic reforms such as FDI in retail and hike of diesel prices to counter the opposition`s campaigns," he said.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government recently allowed foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail and insurance and pension sectors and also hiked the price of diesel and has been facing opposition fire ever since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015