Jharkhand leaders violate land law?
Ranchi: Political leaders across the political spectrum in Jharkhand have been accused of violating a land law in the state.
Those facing the allegations include Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren, Land and Revenue Minister Mathura Mahto, Congress president Pradeep Balmuchu and Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) legislator Neel Kanth Singh Munda.
All of them have been accused of violating the Chotanagpur Tenancy Act, which says that only tribal people belonging to the same circle and police station can buy land of tribal people.
The allegation is that these leaders bought land outside their circle and police station jurisdiction.
Shibu Soren allegedly purchased land in Nagratoli area of Ranchi and Pradeep Balmuchu reportedly bought land at Hatma area in Ranchi. Mathura Mahto allegedly purchased land in Dhanbad district.
The leaders have denied violating any law.
Mathura Mahto said: "If the charges are proved, I will return the land."
The Jharkhand High Court this month said Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class land cannot be purchased without permission from the deputy commissioner of the respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border