Jharkhand leaders violate land law?
Ranchi: Political leaders across the political spectrum in Jharkhand have been accused of violating a land law in the state.
Those facing the allegations include Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren, Land and Revenue Minister Mathura Mahto, Congress president Pradeep Balmuchu and Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) legislator Neel Kanth Singh Munda.
All of them have been accused of violating the Chotanagpur Tenancy Act, which says that only tribal people belonging to the same circle and police station can buy land of tribal people.
The allegation is that these leaders bought land outside their circle and police station jurisdiction.
Shibu Soren allegedly purchased land in Nagratoli area of Ranchi and Pradeep Balmuchu reportedly bought land at Hatma area in Ranchi. Mathura Mahto allegedly purchased land in Dhanbad district.
The leaders have denied violating any law.
Mathura Mahto said: "If the charges are proved, I will return the land."
The Jharkhand High Court this month said Scheduled Caste and Other Backward Class land cannot be purchased without permission from the deputy commissioner of the respective districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi