Jharkhand legislator holds kangaroo court
Ranchi: A Jharkhand legislator held a kangaroo court on Saturday and punished a man after his wife`s complaint over ill-treatment by her alcoholic husband.
Jagannath Mahto, a Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator, held the `Jan Adalat` on the complaint of Jitendra Chaudhary`s wife at Bhandarida village situated in Bokaro district, around 140 Km from Ranchi.
The legislator asked his supporters to tie Chaudhary, in his early 30s, with a tree.
"He will be kept tied till he promises to quit drinking and lead a good life with the family members," Mahto told reporters.
The legislator said Chaudhary was an alcoholic and his family members were suffering due to his bad habit.
According to villagers, Chaudhary frequently thrashed his wife after drinking alcohol and also sold off her jewellery.
After the "punishment" awarded at the court held by the legislator, Jitendra told reporters: "I will quit drinking."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?