Jharkhand legislator holds kangaroo court
Ranchi: A Jharkhand legislator held a kangaroo court on Saturday and punished a man after his wife`s complaint over ill-treatment by her alcoholic husband.
Jagannath Mahto, a Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator, held the `Jan Adalat` on the complaint of Jitendra Chaudhary`s wife at Bhandarida village situated in Bokaro district, around 140 Km from Ranchi.
The legislator asked his supporters to tie Chaudhary, in his early 30s, with a tree.
"He will be kept tied till he promises to quit drinking and lead a good life with the family members," Mahto told reporters.
The legislator said Chaudhary was an alcoholic and his family members were suffering due to his bad habit.
According to villagers, Chaudhary frequently thrashed his wife after drinking alcohol and also sold off her jewellery.
After the "punishment" awarded at the court held by the legislator, Jitendra told reporters: "I will quit drinking."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read