Jharkhand legislator holds kangaroo court
Ranchi: A Jharkhand legislator held a kangaroo court on Saturday and punished a man after his wife`s complaint over ill-treatment by her alcoholic husband.
Jagannath Mahto, a Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator, held the `Jan Adalat` on the complaint of Jitendra Chaudhary`s wife at Bhandarida village situated in Bokaro district, around 140 Km from Ranchi.
The legislator asked his supporters to tie Chaudhary, in his early 30s, with a tree.
"He will be kept tied till he promises to quit drinking and lead a good life with the family members," Mahto told reporters.
The legislator said Chaudhary was an alcoholic and his family members were suffering due to his bad habit.
According to villagers, Chaudhary frequently thrashed his wife after drinking alcohol and also sold off her jewellery.
After the "punishment" awarded at the court held by the legislator, Jitendra told reporters: "I will quit drinking."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery