Jharkhand: Maoist among two ultras arrested in Gumla
Gumla: Two suspected ultras of separate banned outfits have been arrested in Gumla district, police said on Monday.
"A Maoist, Ibrahim Mian, was arrested at Chenpur today. He was an active member of the CPI (Maoist)," Sub-divisional Police Officer Chandan Kumar Singh told at a press conference here.
Another extremist of PLFI, identified as Kuleshwar Sahu, was overpowered and arrested by the police at Lawakera village under Palkot police station last night, he said.
Few other ultras of PLFI`s Prem Gop group, who had come to the market, fled under the cover of gunfire after they saw the police, he added.
A country-make gun was seized from each of the extremists, besides some bullets.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents