Jharkhand: Maoist among two ultras arrested in Gumla
Gumla: Two suspected ultras of separate banned outfits have been arrested in Gumla district, police said on Monday.
"A Maoist, Ibrahim Mian, was arrested at Chenpur today. He was an active member of the CPI (Maoist)," Sub-divisional Police Officer Chandan Kumar Singh told at a press conference here.
Another extremist of PLFI, identified as Kuleshwar Sahu, was overpowered and arrested by the police at Lawakera village under Palkot police station last night, he said.
Few other ultras of PLFI`s Prem Gop group, who had come to the market, fled under the cover of gunfire after they saw the police, he added.
A country-make gun was seized from each of the extremists, besides some bullets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today