Jharkhand: Maoist leader killed
Chatra: A Maoist leader, who carried a reward of Rs 17 lakh on his head, was killed by security forces in Chatra district`s Kunda forest, the police said on Friday.
Ajay Ganju, alias Parasji, who was a regional commander of the CPI (Maoist), was killed in a joint operation by the Jharkhand police and the CRPF late last night, Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
While the Centre had put Rs 10 lakh on his head, the state government had announced a reward of Rs seven lakh for the Maoist who was allegedly involved in several Naxal-related violence and murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal