Jharkhand: Maoist leader killed
Chatra: A Maoist leader, who carried a reward of Rs 17 lakh on his head, was killed by security forces in Chatra district`s Kunda forest, the police said on Friday.
Ajay Ganju, alias Parasji, who was a regional commander of the CPI (Maoist), was killed in a joint operation by the Jharkhand police and the CRPF late last night, Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
While the Centre had put Rs 10 lakh on his head, the state government had announced a reward of Rs seven lakh for the Maoist who was allegedly involved in several Naxal-related violence and murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor