Jharkhand: Maoist leader killed
Chatra: A Maoist leader, who carried a reward of Rs 17 lakh on his head, was killed by security forces in Chatra district`s Kunda forest, the police said on Friday.
Ajay Ganju, alias Parasji, who was a regional commander of the CPI (Maoist), was killed in a joint operation by the Jharkhand police and the CRPF late last night, Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
While the Centre had put Rs 10 lakh on his head, the state government had announced a reward of Rs seven lakh for the Maoist who was allegedly involved in several Naxal-related violence and murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook