Jharkhand: Maoists abduct labourers, torch vehicles
Ranchi: In yet another daring attack, Maoist guerrillas torched four vehicles and abducted at least six labourers involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said on Sunday.
Maoists set on fire two road rollers and two tractors, near Badbara village of Giridih district, around 190 km from Ranchi, late Saturday, police said.
According to locals, the Maoists abducted six laborers but the police were not sure of the exact number.
The laborers were involved in road construction work in the area under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yonja (PMGSY).
Police suspect that refusal to pay protection money could be cause of the incident.
Police have launched an operation to nab the abducted laborers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS