Jharkhand: Maoists abduct labourers, torch vehicles
Ranchi: In yet another daring attack, Maoist guerrillas torched four vehicles and abducted at least six labourers involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said on Sunday.
Maoists set on fire two road rollers and two tractors, near Badbara village of Giridih district, around 190 km from Ranchi, late Saturday, police said.
According to locals, the Maoists abducted six laborers but the police were not sure of the exact number.
The laborers were involved in road construction work in the area under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yonja (PMGSY).
Police suspect that refusal to pay protection money could be cause of the incident.
Police have launched an operation to nab the abducted laborers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference