Jharkhand: Maoists abduct labourers, torch vehicles
Ranchi: In yet another daring attack, Maoist guerrillas torched four vehicles and abducted at least six labourers involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said on Sunday.
Maoists set on fire two road rollers and two tractors, near Badbara village of Giridih district, around 190 km from Ranchi, late Saturday, police said.
According to locals, the Maoists abducted six laborers but the police were not sure of the exact number.
The laborers were involved in road construction work in the area under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yonja (PMGSY).
Police suspect that refusal to pay protection money could be cause of the incident.
Police have launched an operation to nab the abducted laborers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown