Jharkhand: Maoists damage slabs under tracks
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Maoists damaged
some slabs under railway tracks and torched a generator set of
a private mobile tower in Palamau district as the banned
outfit began its 24-hour shutdown in Jharkhand, Bihar and
north Chhattisgarh at midnight.
"The Maoists tried to blast the tracks, but only two
slabs of the tracks got damaged near Mohammad Ganj Railway
Station. It was repaired within 15 minutes in the early hours
and railway services continued normally with police
patrolling," Palamau district police chief Anup T Mathew told
He said the Maoists also set fire to the generator of
a mobile tower of a private telecom company in the same area.
The Maoists have called the shutdown in the three
states to protest the recent arrest of its politburo member
Jagdish Master in Bihar.
Several long-route buses and trucks have withdrawn
services to prevent any untoward incident as national highways
touch several Maoist pockets in Jharkhand, according to
Adequate police deployment at strategic locations have
been made to thwart Maoist violence, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Chiefs of regulatory bodies to get Rs 4.5 lakh pay
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India