Jharkhand: Maoists kill two persons at kangaroo court
Latehar: Two villagers have
been killed by the activists of the CPI (Maoist) at a
kangaroo court in Latehar district, the police said on Tuesday.
The bodies of Harbar Singh and Chetu Singh were
recovered at Baresand village this morning, Deputy
Superintendent of Police Ashwini Sinha told newsmen here.
The Maoists claimed responsibility of their killing
through a note left near the bodies. They accused the duo of
being brokers and indulging in theft the police officer
He said the bodies bore cuts by sharp weapons.
Earlier in the morning, the police had said they were
shot dead by unknown persons.
Quoting villagers, Sinha said Harbar Singh and Chetu
Singh were taken away from their homes by the Maoists on
Sunday . A kangaroo court was convened in the forests where
the two villagers were killed by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!