Jharkhand: Maoists kill two persons at kangaroo court
Latehar: Two villagers have
been killed by the activists of the CPI (Maoist) at a
kangaroo court in Latehar district, the police said on Tuesday.
The bodies of Harbar Singh and Chetu Singh were
recovered at Baresand village this morning, Deputy
Superintendent of Police Ashwini Sinha told newsmen here.
The Maoists claimed responsibility of their killing
through a note left near the bodies. They accused the duo of
being brokers and indulging in theft the police officer
He said the bodies bore cuts by sharp weapons.
Earlier in the morning, the police had said they were
shot dead by unknown persons.
Quoting villagers, Sinha said Harbar Singh and Chetu
Singh were taken away from their homes by the Maoists on
Sunday . A kangaroo court was convened in the forests where
the two villagers were killed by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH