‘Jharkhand may plunge into darkness, if urgent steps ot taken`
Jamshedpur: Accusing Jharkhand of having
lack of vision, JD(U) MLA and former Chairman of Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) Rajiv Ranjan said the
mineral-rich state will "plunge into darkness sooner or later"
if urgent steps were not taken to improve the power scenario.
Suggesting formulation of a short to long-term strategy
to cope witgh the increasing demand of electricity, Ranjan,
who guided Chattisgarh to become No.1 state in power sector in
the country during his five-year tenure there, cautioned that
if no urgent was taken to address the shortfalls, the state
would plunge into darkness "sooner or later".
The JD (U) MLA from Islampur assembly constituency in
Nawada district, who was in the steel city here to take part
in a book Madhu Koda Loot Raj written by senior BJP leader
Saryu Rai here last evening, said that JSEB made profit of
Rs 22 crore and Rs 26 crore during his two and half year
stint as Chairman in early 2000.
JSEB, which should have been a profit-making and
self-reliant in power sector by now, was incurring Rs 2200
crore loss per annum, he regretted while accusing the state of
being bankrupt in leadership and having zero vision for the
Regretting that JSEB has hardly any new job in hand,
Ranjan said Jharkhand should utilize maximum of its resources,
work out stategy for additional power generation and ensure
job commitment to achieve the goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'