`Jharkhand may soon have JMM-led government`
Ranchi: Jharkhand may get a government led by the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and supported by the Congress and other parties after President`s rule in the state ends July 18, a senior JMM leader said on Tuesday.
"Talks with Congress are going on in positive direction and the state may soon have a new government led by our party," a JMM leader told a news agency.
Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmad, Congress`s Jharkhand in-charge BK Hariprasad and other party leaders met JMM chief Shibu Soren here Tuesday. "Everything will be cleared before July 18," Ahmad said after the meeting.
Earlier, former deputy chief minister and son of JMM chief Hemant Soren met the Congress leaders Monday night.
Sources in the Congress said the final decision would be taken by the party`s central leadership. Hemant Soren is likely to meet senior Congress leaders in New Delhi, they added.
According to the sources, consultations between JMM and Congress leaders are taking place largely on government formation, seat sharing in the forthcoming Lok Sabha and state assembly polls.
The sources said the Congress is seeking to contest at least 11 of the 14 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
However, it is not yet clear whether the Congress will join the government or extend support from outside. The JMM has 18 legislators in in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly.
The 28-month Bharatiya Janata Party-led Arjun Munda government fell Jan 8 after the JMM withdrew support. On Jan 8 Munda cabinet recommended dissolution of the Assembly. Jharkhand was put under President`s rule on Jan 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?