Jharkhand minister dropped by CM
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Wednesday dismissed Rural Development Minister Chandra Sekhar Dubey, apparently for recently levelling corruption charges against him, but he did not specify the reason.
An hour before the speech of Governor Syed Ahmed on the first day of the budget session, Soren met him in Raj Bhavan and handed him a one-line recommendation to dismiss Dubey.
According to a Raj Bhavan communiqu?, Ahmed immediately approved the recommendation.
Though there was no official word on the chief minister`s action, a ruling coalition leader said Dubey`s recent accusation that Soren was `the most corrupt CM Jharkhand ever had` led to the action.
Later, Soren told reporters in Garwha that the decision of was of the ruling alliance`s Coordination Committee.
An angry Dubey, who became the second minister to be dismissed in the thirteen years of Jharkhand`s creation, told reporters that he was not informed about his dismissal.
"But I can say countdown for the chief minister began today," he said.
During his first term as Chief Minister, Arjun Munda had dropped minister Madhu Singh.
However, indicating that the decision was between the JMM and the Congress, RJD leader and Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi said, "The RJD was not approached on the matter."
Ajsu president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto said, "It is Chief Minister`s prerogative whom to keep in his Cabinet. If it is a change of minister, it is okay. But when you dismiss a minister, the reason should be specified."
Another former deputy chief minister and BJP MLA Raghuvar Das besides former Speaker C P Singh said, "Chandra Sekhar Dubey was punished for speaking the truth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended