Jharkhand MLA falls ill in House
Ranchi: BJP MLA Menaka Sardar Tuesday fell ill in the House following suspected food poisoning, prompting opposition members being critical of the assembly not having its own ambulance to take him to a hospital immediately.
Soon after Sardar fell ill in the House, BJP MLA Bimla Pradhan, JDU MLA Sudha Choudhary and a couple of others escorted her to the opposition lobby where doctors examined the patient and an ambulance was required to take her to hospital.
The opposition members raised a din as the House did not have an ambulance of its own.
When leader of opposition Arjun Munda offered his car to take the ailing MLA to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh sent Sardar to the hospital by his car.
Doctors said her condition was stable.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta later announced that assembly would soon procure an ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'