Jharkhand MLA falls ill in House
Ranchi: BJP MLA Menaka Sardar Tuesday fell ill in the House following suspected food poisoning, prompting opposition members being critical of the assembly not having its own ambulance to take him to a hospital immediately.
Soon after Sardar fell ill in the House, BJP MLA Bimla Pradhan, JDU MLA Sudha Choudhary and a couple of others escorted her to the opposition lobby where doctors examined the patient and an ambulance was required to take her to hospital.
The opposition members raised a din as the House did not have an ambulance of its own.
When leader of opposition Arjun Munda offered his car to take the ailing MLA to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh sent Sardar to the hospital by his car.
Doctors said her condition was stable.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta later announced that assembly would soon procure an ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire