Jharkhand MLA falls ill in House
Ranchi: BJP MLA Menaka Sardar Tuesday fell ill in the House following suspected food poisoning, prompting opposition members being critical of the assembly not having its own ambulance to take him to a hospital immediately.
Soon after Sardar fell ill in the House, BJP MLA Bimla Pradhan, JDU MLA Sudha Choudhary and a couple of others escorted her to the opposition lobby where doctors examined the patient and an ambulance was required to take her to hospital.
The opposition members raised a din as the House did not have an ambulance of its own.
When leader of opposition Arjun Munda offered his car to take the ailing MLA to Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh sent Sardar to the hospital by his car.
Doctors said her condition was stable.
Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta later announced that assembly would soon procure an ambulance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'